Personal Information Collection Statement
www.hongkongai.org (the “Site”) is a website of Hong Kong AI & Data Laboratory Limited (“HKAI LAB”, “we,” “us,” etc.), established for the purpose of bringing together academics, scientists, and entrepreneurs in AI who are passionate about innovation and creating a better future. HKAI LAB is a not-for-profit initiative and it is fully funded by the Alibaba Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Fund and SenseTime, with support from the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (“HKSTP”), Alibaba Cloud and the Alibaba DAMO Academy.
You acknowledge and agree that you can only participate in any of our events or other events registered through the Site (“Event”) if you accept the Personal Information Collection Statement. By submitting Your application or participating in the Event you agree to be bound by and accept the Personal Information Collection Statement. If you do not agree to this Personal Information Collection Statement, you must not submit your application or participate in the Event.
For the avoidance of doubt, any reference to “HK AI LAB” in the following paragraphs in this Personal Information Collection Statement shall be read as “HK AI LAB and its affiliates”.
- This personal information collection statement sets out how HK AI LAB will collect, use, process and transfer your personal data collected in relation to the Event.
- It is mandatory for you to provide us with the information marked with an asterisk in this application form, and any other personal data that HK AI LAB may request, from time to time, and which it indicates as being mandatory. Failure to provide such mandatory data may result in us being unable to process your application form and/or prevent you participating in the Event.
- If at any time you provide us with the personal data of any third party (e.g. employees, representatives, etc), then you warrant and undertake that you have obtained the consent of the relevant individual to provide their personal data to HK AI LAB, for it to use and transfer their personal data in accordance with this personal information collection statement.
Purpose of use
- We may use any personal data collected by us for one or more of the following purposes: (i) to process and administer your application form to participate in the “Accelerator Program” or its related Event; (ii) to communicate with you regarding your application form, the Event, or any enquiries, feedback or complaints; (iii) to include your personal data in any profile, content, publications, images, recordings and/or materials in any format whatsoever (including, without limitation, any that may be made available to the public) created by or on behalf of HK AI LAB in relation to the Event; (iv) to organise and administer the Event, including (without limitation) your participation in the Event (if your application is accepted by us) and to process and finalise any investment ; and (v) to send you marketing materials pursuant to paragraph (e) below.
- Subject to your consent, HK AI LAB will send you information relating to the following:
- the promotion of any services or events operated, hosted or provided by any member of HK AI LAB or any of their respective business partners (e.g. HKSTP) in relation to entrepreneurs, business start-ups, technology and any other categories you have ticked in your application form above; and
- research and questionnaires about the services and events hosted and/or provided by any member of HK AI LAB or any of their respective business partners (e.g. HKSTP).
- By submitting your application, you indicate your consent for HK AI LAB and its business partners (e.g. HKSTP) to use your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and biographical data for direct marketing purposes in accordance with the above, unless you have ticked the opt-out box below indicating that you object to such use.
- For the purposes set out above, we may transfer any personal data held by us to: (i) other members of HK AI LAB; and (ii) business partners or third party service providers of any of the members of HK AI LAB (including, without limitation, HKSTP, those that provide back-office or IT services, or marketing and promotional services, catering services or security services in relation to the Event).
- We may also include personal data (including, without limitation, full name, biographical information and contact details) in promotional or marketing materials (including, without limitation, video and/or audio recordings, photographs, live streaming, broadcasts, brochures and adverts) related to the Event, which will be disseminated to and made available to the public.
- We may disclose any personal data when required by applicable law, or as requested by any court, tribunal, or government or law enforcement authorities, or to bring any legal action or to defend any claim related to you.
Data access and correction rights
- You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data held by us. Any data access request or data correction request, or any other data privacy related queries, may be made by contacting the Privacy Administrator at email@example.com.
By submitting this application form, you understand and agree to the following:
- HK AI LAB has the sole discretion to determine whether or not to accept or reject your application, for any reason whatsoever, with no liability to you.
- HK AI LAB shall have the absolute discretion to make any decisions in relation to the Event, and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate (in whole or in part) your participation in the Event, at any time at our sole discretion.
- HK AI LAB has the right to amend or cancel the Event (in whole or in part) at its sole discretion, with no liability to you.
- All costs and expenses incurred by you in relation to your application and/or your participation in the Event shall be borne solely by you.
- You understand and agree that any data, material or information provided, uploaded, submitted, transmitted or presented by you (in any format whatsoever) by you in connection with or during the Event, is not confidential and may be disseminated and disclosed by HK AI LAB and its sub-licences for the purposes of administering, organising, providing, hosting, fulfilling, promoting, marketing, advertising and/or showcasing the Event. Such data, material or information may therefore become known to the public.
- You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the event is voluntary and at your sole risk, and HK AI LAB disclaims any and all liability in relation to your attendance and participation in the event, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, HK AI LAB expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind in respect of the event, whether express or implied.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, HK AI LAB shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damages, costs or expenses whatsoever (including whether general, special, indirect, direct, nominal, punitive, incidental or consequential), including loss of profit; loss of revenue; loss of time; loss of anticipated savings; loss of opportunity; loss or corruption of data; loss of use; loss of business; wasted expenditure; loss of or damage to physical property; business interruption; loss of or damage to goodwill, which may arise in relation to the event, whether or not HK AI LAB were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss.
The above is without prejudice to the HK AI LAB Terms and Conditions.